Hello and Welcome to the web site of All Hallows Dramatic Society.
All Hallows Dramatic Society
The Year is 1952.
• George VI of England dies; his daughter becomes Elizabeth II (Feb. 6).
Nobel Peace Prize:
Albert Schweitzer (French Equatorial Africa)
• King Farouk of Egypt is ousted by a military coup (July 23). General Mohammed Naguib assumes power.
Women: Maureen Connolly d. L. Brough (7-5 6-3)
Men: Frank Sedgman d. J. Drobny (4-6 6-2 6-3 6-2)
NY Yankees d. Brooklyn Dodgers (4-3)
Minneapolis Lakers d. New York (4-3)
Detroit d. Montreal (4-0)
• Singin’ in the Rain, High Noon, The Greatest Show on Earth, Moulin Rouge
Oscars awarded in 1952
Academy Award, Best Picture: An American in Paris, Arthur Freed, producer (MGM)
• All Hallows Dramatic Society Begins with Social Evening 27th May1952.
• First Production Man in a Bowler Hat.